Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fyrinne eyeshadows part 1: Greens & Blues

I was going to post these swatches up awhile ago but I didn't have an sd card reader for my camera. So I used my iphone instead which was better for taking swatches since my dslr has a limited closeup range.
I have 30 fyrinnae eyeshadows, 2 full sizes, 26 minis and 2 samples (you get a sample with every purchase that is around 1/6-1/8 tsp) . The full size price ranges from $6.35(arcane magic) to $5.90 for 3g of shadow. The mini sizes are $2 each and can have either 1/3 tsp or ¼ tsp (arcane magic) of eyeshadow.

The first batch that I’m going to review & swatch are my greens and blues. They are all mini sizes.

L-R: Eternal Innocence, Arcane Magic Dark Fntasy, Dokkalfar, Boytoy(sample), Arcane magic Warrior Mage, Arcane Magic Madame & Eve's, Digital Faerie.

Eternal Innocence: Rich, vivid emerald green with a hint of teal, shimmering but not glittery.
This is true to the discription. Its quite a beautiful shade, sounds similar to what MAC Jealousy wakes was supposed to turn out to be. I will compare them when I get JW. Or it might be a lovely shade to go with it. If the picture was a bit greener, it would be the true swatch.

Arcane Magic Dark Fantasy: Dark Fantasy is an intense grass green shimmer on a charcoal base, which changes to a golden-peach to deep orange-coral .
I think this one is a dark forest green with intense grass green shimmer with a hint of a charcoal base. The colour change is not quite there, it flashes from forest green to a light green/yellow. This has to be my favourite out of the greens and blues. Its vibrant and beautiful and the swatch does not do it justice. This is one to see with your eyes.

Dokkalfar: (Dark Elves) Black filled with hues of pale green to golden-lime sparkle.
This is a black base with tiny blue, gold and green glitter. This is very pigmented and I would recommend it as a crease colour or used wet for lining. Its super sparkly and gorgeous. The swatch does not even show 1/8 of the glitter you can actually see.

Boytoy: Our most sparkly green! Varying hues of vibrant green on black make this a stunning shade.
This is a black base with intense green mini glitter. Its quite a shade to look at and its more of a base infused with glitter than Dark fantasy. Again, this has more glitter than shown in the swatch.

Arcane Magic Warrior Mage: Just discontinued I believe as I can't find it on the site anymore. This is a pale grey blue colour with mini glitter that sparkles with colours from the rainbow. It is beautiful and reminds me of the pale blue sky after it rains. It flashes a pale champagne colour. It is bluer than the swatch.

Arcane Magic Madame & Eve's: Perhaps our most striking Arcane shade yet, away from light Madame & Eve's appears to be a vivid sparkling teal, similar to our Boytoy. Move it closer to light or in sunlight, and it morphs to violet then gleaming magenta.
I wouldn't say this is the most striking but it is gorgeous. Its a blackened teal with mini glitter (many Fyrinnae e/s have beautiful mini-glitter). It flashes violet in the sun with a hint of magenta. Its darker than the swatch.

Lastly, but not least, Digital Faerie: Stunning sky blue with green shimmer.
This seems to be Fyrinnae favourite. Its a vivid sky blue with a hint of teal. It flashes green in the sun. It would make a lovely summer colour that is bold and bright. The swatch is correct.

I love all my fyrinnae e/s but Dark Fantasy is my favourite with Digital Faerie a close second. It's quite sad that Warrior mage is discontinued as I had wished to purchase the full size. I suppose, I will just use my WM as little as I possibly can because its such a gorgeous shade.
Aside from WM, all of these can be purchased from Fyrinnae which I strongly urge you to do ASAP! The Fyrinnae boys are fantastic and even though the queue is long, I usually get my e/s quite fast as my orders only contain mainly minis. The wrapping is amazing, I still have the tissue paper they wrap the items in! They put so much effort into it, they should be earning more! I can't say if the e/s are comparable to MAC pigments because I've never tried them but these are highly pigmented, beauty colours that every girl should have in her collection and for the low price, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment